In this role you’ll help set NZME’s entertainment content strategy, drive audience growth and develop new entertainment products that win audiences and create commercial opportunities.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
You’ll oversee entertainment and lifestyle content through our TimeOut and BeWell magazines, New Zealand Herald and NZH.co.nz, ensuring the content is successfully integrated with radio and digital.
HOW YOU’LL DO IT:
- Show excellent news judgement and help your team generate unique content ideas that lead the market.
- Find and develop innovative ways of delivering entertainment content, to new and existing audiences across multiple platforms, with a particular focus on innovative commercial and premium content offerings.
- Maintain strong networks and public profile to represent NZME in the entertainment sector and wider community.
- Lead from the front by appearing in radio and video presentations for NZME and others, and by writing strong and insightful pieces.
- Think audience-first, using analytics and research data to understand and respond to what audiences want, and share this data with the team to increase their understanding.
You’ll have significant experience in leadership roles at major media organisations. You’ll be comfortable in print, digital, broadcasting environments and will have a strong track record in people-leadership. You’ll foster a culture of excellence and inclusion and will think strategically and with a forward-focused vision.
The big sell off is underway.
Seems to be bit of a WPP fire sale at the moment.
Well done to you guys. You have all earned it. Welcome back to the world of salary ratios and bad global business at wonderful margins!
Congratulations MBM! Some of the smartest, hardest working and most humble people I know.
Congratulations to all involved - MBM have been a phenomenal local success story!
Awful, awful senior management, mostly two people with the same last names. It is hideous that this country has allowed this man to remain in business when he has done SO much damage to people. He should not be allowed ...
Use the ICG Media network of magazines, blogs, newsletters, video and content creation services to reach the new New Zealand.
Interested in becoming a sponsor?
Contact Vernene Medcalf
Who’s it for: ASB by True
Why we like it: Following up her successful ‘Stick’ start-up business, young Hana has hit another sweet spot with her orange smiles. No country loves rugby as much as New Zealand — even after the weekend's drama— so this is sure to be a winner. Why would turn down an orange at halftime? If only all our childhood ventures could end with the All Blacks turning up for a selfie.
Who’s it for: AMI by Colenso BBDO
Why we like it: Even though we’d rather spend our hard-earned dollars on something else, it’s important to have insurance. And when/if terrible things happen, kindness is also very important too. Nice to see AMI celebrate a humane touch and understanding for what can be a frightening and confusing time for people.
Who’s it for: Sky by DDB New Zealand
Why we like it: It would be good to have a bit of help when arguing with our partners just to ensure the best shot is taken, and Sky does this with humour and style in this spot. Part of the ‘Life Needs More Sport’ campaign, all three ads released so far are entertaining sporty-spins on what can be mundane parts of life.
StopPress provides essential industry news and intelligence, updated daily. And the digital newsletter delivers the latest news to your inbox twice a week — for free!